Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Chiquitos

On Friday, February 26, 2010, my friends and I decided to go to Las Ramblas. After walking around the area for a little bit, we decided we wanted to grab some lunch and settled on a restaurant called Chiquitos. We were in the mood to get a variety of tapas, and after browsing the area for a variety of restaurants, we decided that this was the place for us. At this restaurant there was specifically a tapas menu, where we could get a ton of different tapas delivered to the four of us throughout the course of the meal. This type of meal was much different from the sit down restaurants I was accustomed to from living in the United States. While I am used to sitting down, ordering an appetizer then an entrée, this meal consisted of several different small portions of all sorts of food. The different types of food brought out were of a wide spectrum, ranging from salad and sea food to meatballs and various chicken dishes. I really enjoyed this type of experience because it was so much different than what I am used to. Often times when I go to a restaurant there are several options on the menu which I am interested in. However, although I can only order one thing when I am in the States, this allowed me to sample pretty much everything I wanted. This was a perfect restaurant for me to have a great tapas experience; I got to taste a ton of different types of food and it was at a reasonable price for the amount of food that I got. Although I thought that tapas were supposed to be small, I was easily filled up by all of the food because there were so many different tapas that came out. Whenever it seemed like I had just finished a tapa, another three came out. I am not complaining however; there was nothing better than finishing something delicious and then having something new come out right afterwards. Overall, I really enjoyed the restaurant as I was easily able to satisfy my appetite and get a quality meal for a quality price.

No comments:

Post a Comment